I saw this in a blog by Byahilo (www.byahilo.com). Really cool stuff. I’m really a poor travel and i need to get out around more in my “bayang Pilipinas”. I mean, really really really need to travel more.
February 25, 2008 was declared a Special Non-working holiday by President Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo last Feb 18, 2008 (Proclaimation No. 1462). This marks the 22nd anniversary of the EDSA People Power Revolution.
Flowers for my bb….
Pasta for valentines??? 🙂
A friend of mine emailed me this list and would like to share it to you. Quite a long list….hehehehe
1. Take a 10-30 minute walk every day. And while you walk, smile. It is the ultimate anti-depressant.
2. Sit in silence for at least 10 minutes each day. Buy a lock if you have to.
3. Record your late night shows and get more sleep.
4. When you wake up in the morning complete the following statement, “My purpose is to____ today.”
5. Live with the 3 E’s — Energy, Enthusiasm, and Empathy.
6. Watch more movies, play more games and read more books than you did in 2007.
7. Make time to practice meditation, yoga, tai chi, and prayer. They provide us with daily fuel for our busy lives.
8. Spend more time with people over the age of 70 and under the age of 6.
9. Dream more while you are awake.
10. Eat more foods that grow on trees and plants and eat less food that is manufactured in plants.
11. Drink green tea and plenty of water. Eat blueberries, wild Alaskan salmon, broccoli, almonds & walnuts .
12. Try to make at least three people smile each day.
13. Clear your clutter from your house, your car, your desk and let new and flowing energy into your life .
14. Don’t waste your precious energy on gossip, energy vampires, issues of the past, negative thoughts or things you cannot control. Instead invest your energy in the positive present moment.
15. Realize that life is a school and you are here to learn. Problems are simply part of the curriculum that appear and fade away like algebra class but the lessons you learn will last a lifetime.
16. Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and dinner like a college kid.
17. Smile and laugh more. It will keep the energy vampires away.
18. Life isn’t fair, but it’s still good.
19. Life is too short to waste time hating anyone.
20. Don’t take yourself so seriously. No one else does .
21. You don’t have to win every argument. Agree to disagree.
22. Make peace with your past so it won’t screw up the present.
23. Don’t compare your life to others’. You have no idea what their journey is all about .
24. Burn the candles, use the nice bed sheets, Don’t save it for a special occasion. Today is special.
25. No one is in charge of your happiness except you.
26. Frame every so-called disaster with these words: “In five years, will this matter?”
27. Forgive everyone for everything.
28. What other people think of you is none of your business .
29. Time heals almost everything. Give time, time .
30. However good or bad a situation is, it will change. So stop complaining about the weather, the job, the rents etc etc
31. Your job won’t take care of you when you are sick. Your friends will. Stay in touch.
32. Get rid of anything that isn’t useful, beautiful or joyful.
33. Envy is a waste of time. You already have all you need.
34. The best is yet to come!
35. No matter how you feel, get up, dress up and show up.
36. Do the right thing!
37. Call your family often.
38. Each night before you go to bed complete the following statements: ” am thankful for ___.” Today I accomplished ____.
39. Remember that you are too blessed to be stressed.
40. Enjoy the ride. Remember that this is not Disney World and you certainly don’t want a fast pass. You only have one ride through life so make the most of it and enjoy the ride.
Cagayan de Oro has one of the best White Water Rafting spots in the country. Totaling of up to 22 rapids for the advance course and 14 rapids for the beginner course. The course allows us to view very nice scenery of the river and begins some 20 kilometers from the city proper.
A few months back, I went White Water Rafting with my officemates. This is my second time and now we are running the advance course (22 rapids…wooohoooo!). We finished the rafting course approximately 3 hours.
Here are some snap shots.
1 Jan New Year’s Day.
9 Apr Bataan Day.
20 Mar Maundy Thursday.
21 Mar Good Friday.
1 May Labour Day.
12 Jun Independence Day.
31 Aug National Heroes’ Day.
13 Oct Eid Ul Fitr (exact date varies).
1 Nov All Saints’ Day.
30 Nov Bonifacio Day.
25 Dec Christmas Day.
30 Dec Rizal Day.
31 Dec New Year’s Eve.
Better plan your vacation leaves now…:)